Things to Do in Sandwich & Cape Cod
The Best Things to Do in Sandwich and Cape Cod
Isaiah Jones Homestead Bed & Breakfast, in the seaside village of Sandwich, is the perfect place to stay when on vacation in Sandwich, MA. Located an hour away from Boston and Newport, it’s a convenient getaway at any time of the year. There is never a shortage of fun things to do in Cape Cod, and there is something for everyone to enjoy during their visit.
Nearby our Sandwich bed and breakfast, you’ll find some of the best shopping in Cape Cod, a multitude of historic sites, sporting events, pristine beaches, golf courses, and much more! You will also find great tours to whale watch in Cape Cod, a popular visitor activity.
To make it easy to find all the best Cape Cod attractions, we have compiled a list of all our personal favorite activities just for you!
For even more recommendations on things to do in Cape Cod, MA, download your free copy of our Sandwich, MA Vacation Guide.
Ready for the getaway of a lifetime? Book your stay at the historic Isaiah Jones Homestead today!
Historical Activities and Attractions
- The Hoxie House, the oldest house on the Cape, built in 1675.
- The Dexter Grist Mill, a working restoration of the original.
- The Sandwich Glass Museum displays remnants of the exquisite workmanship of the European colorists and craftsman brought to work here.
- Green Briar Nature Center and the Thornton Burgess Museum commemorate the work of the popular naturalist and author of the Peter Cottontail stories.
- Heritage Museums and Gardens displays a superb collection of antique cars, artwork, military artifacts, a working antique carousel, and has acres of magnificent gardens and grounds.
- Cape Cod is home to wonderful art galleries, including many right here in Sandwich!
- The Cape Cod Baseball League Hall of Fame is also located at the Heritage Museum.
- The Cape Cod Central Railroad provides a wonderful way to take in the many sights in Cape Cod.
- Plimoth Plantation, Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower II are located a short 20 miles away.
- The National Seashore with its magnificent beaches and trails is just a short drive away.
- Several historic Cape Cod bridges are nearby and make for great photo opportunities. They include pedestrian lanes so you can enjoy the view!
- The Cape Cod Canal Visitors’ Center is nearby.
- There are several fresh and salt water beaches located in Sandwich
- Town Neck Beach is the closest, less than a mile from the inn. It can be reached by the Sandwich Boardwalk, which crosses the salt marsh.
- East Sandwich, Sandy Neck Beach, and Scusset Beach are all within the town limits.
- Sandwich Hollows and the par-3 Holly Ridge golf courses.
- Service roads which parallel both sides of the Canal, available for bicycling, jogging, roller blading and walking.
- Hiking trails in The Shawme-Crowell State Forest and Scusset Beach areas.
- The Cape Cod Baseball League games.
- Whale Watching tours from Barnstable, Plymouth or Provincetown harbors.
- Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge in Chatham.
- Day trips to Nantucket Island and Martha’s Vineyard from Hyannis and Woods Hole.
Feel free to ask us for more information about all things to do in Sandwich, MA and Cape Cod area. Also, be sure to download our free Sandwich Vacation Guide for even more fun and information on all the things to do in Sandwich, MA, and the Cape Cod area.