Things to Do in Sandwich & Cape Cod
The best Cape Cod attractions and activities to enjoy!
Isaiah Jones Homestead Bed & Breakfast in our seaside village of Sandwich is the perfect place to stay when on vacation on Cape Cod. Located an hour away from Boston or Newport, it’s a convenient getaway at any time of the year. There is never a shortage of fun things to do in Cape Cod and there really is something for everyone to enjoy during their visit. In any season, you will find a special event to enjoy ranging from festivals to gallery shows and concerts. To make finding all the best things to do in Sandwich, MA and the Cape Cod area, we have compiled a list of all the best Cape Cod attractions and activities for you! Check out our favorite points of interest below.
Also be sure to download our free Vacation Guide for even more fun and information on all the things to do in Sandwich, MA and the Cape Cod area.
Historical Activities and Attractions
- The Hoxie House, the oldest house on the Cape, built in 1675.
- The Dexter Grist Mill, a working restoration of the original.
- The Sandwich Glass Museum displays remnants of the exquisite workmanship of the European colorists and craftsman brought to work here.
- Green Briar Nature Center and the Thornton Burgess Museum commemorate the work of the popular naturalist and author of the Peter Cottontail stories.
- Heritage Museums and Gardens displays a superb collection of antique cars, artwork, military artifacts, a working antique carousel, and has acres of magnificent gardens and grounds.
- The Cape Cod Baseball League Hall of Fame is also located at the Heritage Museum.
- Plimoth Plantation, Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower II are located a short 20 miles away.
- The National Seashore with its magnificent beaches and trails is just a short drive away.
- The Cape Cod Canal visitors’ center is nearby.
There are several fresh and salt water beaches located in Sandwich:
- Town Neck Beach is the closest, less than a mile from the inn. It can be reached by the Sandwich Boardwalk, which crosses the salt marsh.
- East Sandwich, Sandy Neck Beach and Scusset Beach are all within the town limits.
Other activities available include:
- Sandwich Hollows and the par-3 Holly Ridge golf courses.
- Service roads which parallel both sides of the Canal, available for bicycling, jogging, roller blading and walking.
- Hiking trails in The Shawme-Crowell State Forest and Scusset Beach areas.
- The Cape Cod Baseball League games.
- Whale Watching tours from Barnstable, Plymouth or Provincetown harbors.
- Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge in Chatham.
- Day trips to Nantucket Island and Martha’s Vineyard from Hyannis and Woods Hole.
Feel free to ask for more information about all things to do in Sandwich, MA and Cape Cod area from our knowledgeable staff. Also be sure to download our free Vacation Guide for even more fun and information on all the things to do in Sandwich, MA and the Cape Cod area.